단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
Extra Form
평가 좋음
추천대상 중급

Hi, everyone. I've recently been reading books that are written in English at least 30 minutes a day. I have not been counting days so I'm not sure how many days it's been. Anyways, there are many books that have been sitting on my book shelf for years and one day I suddenly decided to read one at a time before I buy new books. The first book I read was "Zero to one" I don't really remember the details about the book and there were many words that I didn't know but I just read through it. When I finished reading it I thought about studying the words and read it again but I didn't really enjoy reading that book. So I decided to start another book instead. And the second book was the book that I want to talk about today. The title of the book is "Just for fun" It's mostly about how Linus Torvalds came to create the free but very useful and popular operating system Linux by just having fun. Linus was born and raised in Finland and he fiddled with computers ever since he was very young. He liked his computers so much that he could sit in front of his computer for days and on. As he grew older, he thought he would just continue studying and teaching at Helsinki University and become a professor following the footsteps of his fathers. However, his interest in computers didn't stop at just playing with it for his own purpose. He began to work on creating his own operating system because the one he used to use had some problems. The most important and interesting fact is that he released his versions for free. And I'm not sure exactly (I don't know much about computers to be honey) but he made it so other people could work on developing it too. His works were very different from those of Bill Gates who made millions of dollars from selling the famous operating system, Windows. Linus eventually became rich because he was given stock options from some of the big companies that use Linux.

The book gives you a lesson that if you really like doing something and keep digging deep into it then you can achieve and accomplish amazing things like changing the world.